Why can I hear 30 seconds samples sometimes?
Written by Louis V.
Updated over a week ago
When they hit PLAY for the first time, your listeners chose their favorite streaming platform.
Soundsgood keeps that settings in memory for each listener. In some specific cases, only a 30 seconds track sample is available for streaming (details below).
To avoid this situation, make sure each track of your playlist is available at least on Spotify, Deezer and YouTube. Soundsgood makes this job easier by automatically matching each track across streaming platforms. And you can manually increase the compatibility rate by clicking on each track “Find more sources” ( + ) sea-green button.
If listeners choose Spotify
- They get full tracks on desktops if they have a Free or Premium account.
- On smartphones, they are directly redirected in the Spotify App with the full Spotify experience.
If listeners choose YouTube or SoundCloud
- They get full tracks on desktops and smartphones if the track is available with YouTube or SoundCloud interchangeably.
- They get 30 seconds previews if that track is not available on either YouTube or SoundCloud
If listeners choose Apple Music
- On desktops and smartphones, they are directly redirected in the Apple Music app with the full Apple Music experience.
If listeners choose Deezer
- They get full tracks on desktops if they have a Premium account and the track is available on Deezer.
- They get 30 seconds previews on desktop if they have a Free account or if the track is not available on Deezer.
- On smartphones, they are directly redirected in the Deezer App with the full Deezer experience
If listeners choose Tidal
- On desktops, they get 30 seconds previews on the player
- On smartphones, they are directly redirected in the Tidal App with the full Tidal experience