How do I create a playlist as an artist?
Written by Louis V.
Updated over a week ago
The only difference when curating playlists with Soundsgood as an artist, is that you have to:
- Sync the playlist to your streaming Personal Accounts (just like anybody), and then,
- Publish the playlist on your Artist Pages on Spotify, Deezer, etc.
You only need to do this second step once, since both your streaming Personal Accounts and Artist Pages feature the same playlist: all playlist updates from Soundsgood will be reflected in both places.
That’s it! 👍
Publishing the playlist from your personnal streaming accounts onto your Artist Pages can differ depending on the streaming service you use.
Publish playlist on a Spotify Artist Page
1. Make sure your Spotify Artist profile is verified.
Verification allows you to claim your artist page by merging it with your Spotify account. Once verified, you’ll get:
- a blue checkmark to your artist page,
- the ability to create & post artist playlists,
- the ability to brand playlists with images & descriptions,
- any followers on your Spotify account will also automatically start following your artist page.
2. Pin your Spotify playlist onto your artist profile
If your account is verified, you can pin your playlist from your Spotify account to your Spotify artist profile.
This is just a one-time job, as when this is done, you can freely update your playlist from Soundsgood and reflect the changes automatically on both your Spotify Account and Spotify Artist Profile.
👉 Go to your Spotify account (the one linked to Soundsgood) and copy the playlist Spotify link.
👉Then go to your artist profile (artists.spotify.com), click on “choose a playlist…” and paste the playlist link.
Your playlist will be now featured on both your Spotify Account and Spotify Artist Profile. And whenever a listener follows your playlist from the Soundsgood player, he will join all your other followers as it is the same playlist being featured on both your account and profile.
Extra steps on Deezer
On Deezer, an artist cannot claim a Artist Profile. Only your record label has access to your Artist Profile.
Same as for Spotify, copy your Deezer playlist link and ask your label to feature it on your Deezer artist profile.
It will be the same playlist that is used on both your account and profile, so no worries, your followers will all be on the same playlist no matter where they come from!
Please Contact us if you need any help!